Children and Youth Ministry Director
Light of the World Church (LWC) of Minisink Hills, PA
To develop and provide spiritual, relational, and administrative leadership, and work with the Gospel-centered education program for Children and Youth, which includes the weekly Sunday Children’s Ministry program, Friday Night Youth Services, and other special programming or events that may occur.
The Children and Youth Ministry Director shall seek to foster a strong education program through building relationships with teachers, students, parents, and church leaders that strengthen the students’ commitment to Christ and the church. To introduce, instruct, and nurture children and youth in the Gospel, Christian faith, and life, through Bible study, prayer, worship, fellowship, service, and evangelism.
The Children and Youth Ministry Director will assist the Senior Pastor and staff in overseeing the Children's Ministry (Nursery to 5th Grade) and Youth Ministry (ages 11–25).
He is to:
- provide overall leadership to our Children's and Youth ministries, in line with the mission and vision of LWC
- build a close working relationship as the church liaison to local schools and universities, utilizing demographics, technology, and social media to reach the unchurched youth of our community
- provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis
- maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities.
- keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement
- participate in biweekly staff meetings and one-on-one meetings with the Senior Pastor. Participate in the regular and special services of the church
- plan and prepare for all services, meetings, and activities adequately in order to accomplish the activity's stated purpose
Responsible to: Senior Pastor
- direct and minister (teach/preach) to Youth Groups on Friday nights
- direct and minister (teach) to Children's Ministry on Sundays
- facilitate all youth activities
- church liaison to local schools, colleges, and universities
- assist in the general care of campus
- meet the 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5 qualifications for church leaders
- demonstrate gifts and calling to youth ministry, have a love for Jesus Christ, for young people, and for the church
- be self-motivated, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry
- possess relational skills with youth, parents, and staff
- possess strong communication skills, leadership, administrative, and organizational skills
- have a clear testimony to a saving, sanctifying, and growing relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ
- exemplify obedience to the Word of God and devotion to prayer
- have a Christ-like lifestyle and a passion to reach the lost for Jesus Christ
- have a desire to continue his education
- have a valid driver’s license
The Children and Youth Ministry Director position requires flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. The position is full-time and salaried. The actual number of hours required during any given week are those needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that the schedule may vary at different times of the year, however; the expectation is that the director will work a minimum of 40 hours a week to include working on Sundays, as well as, other specific times that have been agreed upon with the Pastor.
Terms of Employment
- Will require a background check involving Criminal History Report from PA State Police, Child Abuse History Clearance from Dept. of Human Services, FBI Clearance including fingerprints (only if residing in another state or has not been a Pennsylvania resident for at least 10 years)
- Professional and personal references
- Salary, housing, and benefits are included in the compensation package.
Send a letter of interest and resume via email to:
Reggie James, Senior Pastor
Light of the World Church
c/o Samara Cardona, Executive Assistant
Subject Line: Children and Youth Ministry Director Search